Commercial DUI in Florida
For a commercial driver, a DUI arrest is an extremely serious matter. A commercial driver relies upon his or her ability to operate a commercial vehicle in order to make a living, and an arrest alone may place his or her job in jeopardy.
In Florida, a commercial driver faces particular laws and penalties in regard to drunk driving:
- A commercial driver may not operate a motor vehicle while with a blood alcohol concentration of .04% or greater (half the legal limit for normal drivers)
- A commercial driver who is convicted of driving with a blood alcohol level of .04% or greater will be disqualified from operating a commercial vehicle for 1 year.
- Additional terms for disqualification may include: refusal of a breath or blood test, operating a commercial vehicle while under the influence of a controlled substance or of alcohol, or driving a commercial vehicle while in possession of a controlled substance.
- A second DUI conviction or conviction for any of the other terms listed above will result in permanent disqualification from driving a commercial vehicle.
- A person convicted of commercial DUI may not obtain a hardship license to operate a commercial vehicle.
- Any disqualification penalties for a commercial DUI will be enforced in addition to criminal penalties resulting from a driving under the influence conviction.
Fight to Protect Your Commercial Driver License
As an experienced lawyer, Michael Mirer can offer you the knowledgeable and aggressive legal counsel you need in the face of commercial DUI charges. Different laws and regulations apply to drivers with commercial driver's licenses, and attorney Mirer understands these nuances and how to apply his extensive legal knowledge to building more effective legal strategies for his clients.
As a trial attorney with over a decade of experience as well as a background as a former Miami-Dade prosecutor, Michael Mirer can defend your rights and as well as your driving privileges in criminal court and at your DMV hearing. Get the experienced legal help you need to fight your commercial DUI charges.
Contact a Miami DUI lawyer from the Law Office of Michael Mirer, P.A. today!