Miami Child Sexual Abuse Lawyer
Sexual Child Abuse Charges in FLorida
If you are facing charges in federal court related to child sexual abuse, you must move quickly to engage quality defense counsel to represent you. There are many factors involved in these cases, making it especially important that you have a knowledgeable attorney by your side.
Any federal charges involving child abuse require a skilled attorney that is familiar with federal court, and has great confidence when presenting the case for the defense. Attorney Michael Mirer has garnered a reputation as a top defender in sex crime cases, and is prepared to review and evaluate your case.
Penalties for Child Abuse in Florida
In the state of Florida, child abuse is a felony offense. The circumstances of your case determine the severity of the punishment you receive. A simple child abuse offense entails intentionally causing harm, mentally or physically, to a child.
- While simple abuse may not leave the child seriously injured, it is still considered a felony punishable by up to 5 years behind bars and a maximum fine of $5,000.
- The penalties for this crime at the federal level are extreme, ranging from 6 months through to up to 10 years in state prison, with double penalties if the child is under the age of 12.
- If you receive a shorter prison term, after your release you will be required to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life.
- If your crime involved the serious bodily injury or permanent disfigurement or disability of child due to battery, torture, or excessive punishment, your crime is elevated to aggravated child abuse. This is a first degree felony, carrying with it up to 30 years in prison and fines up to $10,000.
- If the loss of life is part of the criminal accusation, the death penalty can be the outcome of a conviction.
Miami Molestation Attorney
Are you facing child molestation charges?
In Florida, child molestation can range from improper touching to lascivious conduct or lewd offenses involving a person who is sixteen or younger. Florida prosecutors take such an allegation seriously and the penalties for a conviction are most severe. If you have been accused of this offense or think you might be, don't wait to consult a Miami sex crime lawyer who is highly experienced in handling this kind of defense.
Penalties for Child Molestation in Florida
A person under the age of 16 legally cannot consent to engaging in sexual activity.
- The penalty for a single act of molestation by a person over 18 with a minor between 12 and 16 years of age can be 15 years in prison.
- Molestation of a child less than 12 years of age is punishable by life in prison or a minimum of 25 years.
- Both carry mandatory registration as a sex offender in addition to heavy fines.
As an experienced child molestation defense lawyer, Michael Mirer can provide the skilled representation you need to protect your reputation and your future.
Contact a Miami child molestation attorney at the firm who is determined to pursue a successful outcome.
Federal Sex Crime Defense Attorney: Sexual Abuse of a Child
Certain types of sexual abuse cases are charged in federal court, including those that fall under §2244, abusive sexual contact. Any person in federal prison or under the jurisdiction of the U.S. who engages in unwanted sexual contact with another person, against their will and without their permission will be charged in federal court.
The penalties can range from fines to imprisonment up to 6 months. When the violation is under §2241, aggravated sexual abuse and a sexual act took place, the penalty can be up to 10 years in federal prison. When the case involves a child under the age of 12, the penalties are doubled.
The Law Office of Michael Mirer, P.A. will aggressively fight to protect your rights against a zealous prosecution. We have the experience and resources that you can rely on for an effective defense. Contact our firm today!
Hire an Experienced Child Abuse Attorney in Miami-Dade
In general, when most people hear that an individual has been accused of child abuse they immediately jump to conclusions and guilt is assumed. A sexual child abuse complaint can quickly ruin your reputation and threaten your future and freedom.
Our firm appreciates what you are going through and the emotional turmoil such an accusation can cause. Mr. Mirer will always treat you with respect and dignity. He knows that false allegations have ruined many lives and will fight to prevent that from happening to you.
His firm also understands that sometimes good people make a mistake but do not deserve the harsh penalties sought by the prosecution. He has the demonstrated ability to confidently represent his clients in strategic negotiation with the prosecution seeking a reduction or dismissal of charges.
Michael Mirer's noteworthy ability in the courtroom established in over 100 trials has attracted the attention of his peers as he gives lectures on cross-examination to other attorneys seeking to advance their legal education. His highly skilled and resourceful firm stands ready to vigorously defend you.
Contact a Miami sexual abuse attorney from the firm without delay for a free initial consultation. Michael Mirer may be able to help you avoid the harsh penalties and damage to your reputation if you are facing child abuse charges.
No Jail Time
CHARGES CLEARED Violent Crime
CHARGES DROPPED Violent Crime
“Mr. Mirer the best attorney all around, very respectful, a humble person, open minded and well respected.” - Former Client
“They assured me they could get my case resolved and squashed... in less than a week it was done.” - Former Client
“My case is almost done and I am so happy with such a great attorney.” - Former Client