Knowledge. Experience. Results.
Put Over 20 Years of Experience to Work for You
Choose the Experienced Advocacy of Attorney Michael Mirer
If you are charged with a misdemeanor or felony in Miami-Dade County, you need to be sure that you have a dedicated and proven defense lawyer in your corner. Whether accused of a state or federal violation, the court process you must go through can be complex. Without a sound background in the law, it can be challenging to navigate on your own. A Miami criminal attorney can help you understand your case and guide you through each stage. By taking care of the legal details involved in your case and explaining your options for pursuing a favorable outcome, your lawyer can reduce some of the burdens and stresses you might be feeling at this time.
The Law Office of Michael Mirer, P.A. focuses solely on criminal defense in Miami. The firm does not split its time between multiple practice areas, enabling them to give their full attention to every case they represent. Attorney Michael Mirer has handled various state and federal criminal matters of different levels of complexity. He knows what needs to be done to aggressively fight a charge, and he does it. Attorney Mirer combs through the facts, speaks with witnesses, and reviews relevant laws and legal precedent to develop robust defenses for his clients.
We Handle a Variety of Complex Criminal Matters
The firm’s Miami criminal defense attorney is ready to leverage his knowledge and skills to represent you in any type of criminal case.
He can defend against charges for all manner of crimes, including:
- Drug crimes: Both state and federal laws prohibit various kinds of conduct involving controlled substances, including possessing, manufacturing, distributing, and selling drugs. Attorney Mirer knows how to fight narcotics charges.
- Federal crimes: The Law Office of Michael Mirer, P.A. provides representation for conspiracy, bribery, embezzlement, fraud, money laundering, and a range of other federal offenses.
- Theft crimes: Generally, theft involves the unlawful taking of another person’s property without permission. Miami criminal lawyer Michael Mirer can defend against allegations of grand theft, petit theft, shoplifting, and robbery, among others.
- Violent crimes: Violent crimes are offenses against a person. They include acts such as assault, battery, kidnapping, and murder.
- Domestic Violence: Crimes against a family or household member constitute domestic violence. The conduct need not have resulted in physical injury to the alleged victim for charges to arise. The Law Office of Michael Mirer, P.A. can challenge these accusations.
- Sex crimes: Attorney Mirer represents those accused of state or federal sex crimes, including child abuse, child pornography, human trafficking, indecent exposure, prostitution, and rape.
- Drunk driving (DUI): Driving under the influence charges arise when someone is alleged to have operated a vehicle while intoxicated by alcohol and/or drugs, or they had a BAC of 0.08% or higher.
- Other offenses: Attorney Michael Mirer also takes on various criminal matters, including appeals, criminal mischief, extraditions, forfeitures, juvenile offenses, probation violations, resisting arrest, and restraining orders.
Attorney Mirer and his team are committed to protecting their clients' rights and interests. You can trust that they will ensure that you receive a fair trial.
Why Clients Choose the Law Office of Michael Mirer, P.A.?
When charged with a crime, finding a skilled and competent lawyer is important. After all, your future, freedom, and rights are at stake, and leaving your case in the hands of an inexperienced attorney can adversely affect the outcome.
But with so many choices for legal counsel out there, how do you choose the right Miami criminal defense attorney for you? The answer comes down to many factors. For instance, you want to be sure to work with someone who is responsive and ready to address your questions and concerns. Also, you want an attorney on your side with experience working on cases similar to yours.
During your initial communications with your potential defense lawyer, pay attention to how long it takes them to reply to your inquiries. Ask many questions about their experience and methods. When choosing an attorney, make sure you feel comfortable with the individual, as you will be working closely with them at a very critical time in your life.
People choose Miami criminal defense lawyer Michael Mirer for many reasons, including:
- Representation backed by more than 20 years of legal experience
- Proven track record of results
- 24/7 phone availability for clients
- History of satisfied clients
- Award-winning defense
Regardless of the charges brought against you, you can be confident that Attorney Michael Mirer will provide the aggressive, knowledgeable, and effective counsel you need.
Former Prosecutor Fighting in your Corner
In a criminal case, the State must prove that the defendant is guilty of the alleged offense beyond a reasonable doubt. That means a prosecutor, working on behalf of the State, must show that the defendant committed each element of the crime.
For instance, in a specific sexual battery case, the prosecutor must prove that:
- The defendant’s sexual organ penetrated the alleged victim’s sexual organ,
- The defendant used force violence to coerce the alleged victim,
- The defendant committed the act without the alleged victim’s consent, and
- The alleged victim was at a certain age at the time of the offense.
Before entering private practice, Attorney Mirer served as an Assistant State Attorney for Miami-Dade County. During this time, he gained a detailed understanding of how prosecutors gather evidence, build their cases, and strategize for the courtroom. Therefore, he recognizes the difficulties prosecutors face when attempting to prove guilt and can identify weaknesses in their arguments. In turn, his insight allows him to craft comprehensive defenses and prepare for whatever tactics the prosecution might try to use against his clients.
Looking for a Top Criminal Defense Attorney in Miami-Dade?
Whether charged with a misdemeanor or felony, state crime or federal offense, being convicted of a crime in Florida will have serious effects on your finances, freedom, and future opportunities. You could be sentenced to jail or prison, ordered to pay high fines, placed on probation, subject to driver’s license suspension, or strapped with various other sanctions. With so much on the line, why would you trust your case to an overworked public defender or inexperienced attorney?
Attorney Mirer has obtained beneficial verdicts for hundreds of clients in Miami. Although past outcomes do not predict future results, he can provide the outstanding defense counsel you need and deserve.
Want more information?