Miami Embezzlement Attorney
Defense for Federal Embezzlement Charges
Consulting with an attorney should be the first and foremost action an individual takes who is facing embezzlement charges. Embezzlement is a serious federal crime that may be punishable by up to 30 years in prison along with exorbitant fines, depending on what type of institution, agency or organization was targeted, as well as the value of property involved.
If you are accused of embezzlement, it is necessary to have a skilled Miami criminal defense lawyer on your side to defend your rights and protect your interests in the face of these complex charges.
Embezzlement Charges & Penalties
- Embezzling, stealing, or misappropriating any money or item of value that is the property of the United States or any department/agency thereof is a federal crime. This offense also includes receiving or concealing property that has been embezzled or stolen from the United States.
- If convicted, a defendant may face up to 10 years in prison as well as serious fines, depending on the value of property or amount of money involved.
- Embezzlement by a bank employee, director or officer of or connected with any federally insured bank or similar financial institution is a federal crime punishable by up to 30 years in prison and/or by a fine of up to $1,000,000.
- Embezzlement or theft involving "any employee welfare benefit plan or employee pension benefit plan" is a federal offense punishable by up to 5 years in prison and a fine.
- Embezzlement or theft in connection with health care is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a fine. (A defendant may face lesser penalties if the value of property involved is less than $1,000 or less than $100 for health care embezzlement.)
Contact a Miami Federal Lawyer for Your Case
Attorney Michael Mirer offers a free initial consultation to discuss your embezzlement charges. He is highly experienced and has a background as a former prosecutor, and he has the resources to fully investigate your charges and build an effective defense strategy on your behalf.
Contact us today for a free case evaluation regarding your embezzlement charges. We represent clients throughout South Florida and take calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
No Jail Time
CHARGES CLEARED Violent Crime
CHARGES DROPPED Violent Crime
“Mr. Mirer the best attorney all around, very respectful, a humble person, open minded and well respected.” - Former Client
“They assured me they could get my case resolved and squashed... in less than a week it was done.” - Former Client
“My case is almost done and I am so happy with such a great attorney.” - Former Client