Reputable. Reliable. Respectable.
Avvo Rating Superb
AV Freeminent
Top 100 Trial Lawyers

Under 21 DUI in Florida

A driver who is under the age of 21 faces slightly different procedure and penalties upon a conviction for driving under the influence. First and foremost, Florida law enforcement is authorized to detain an underage driver if law enforcement has probable cause to believe that this driver was operating a motor vehicle while with any amount of alcohol in his or her system. Upon detaining the driver, law enforcement has the right to request that the driver submit to a blood or breath test to determine his or her alcohol level. An offense of this nature is neither a criminal offense nor a traffic infraction and is punishable by administrative license suspension alone.

Were you arrested for under 21 DUI in Florida? Miami DUI lawyer Michael Mirer can help. Although license suspension is the only possible penalty for driving under the influence with a blood alcohol concentration of .02% to less than .05%, you may face mandatory substance abuse evaluation if your blood alcohol level was .05% to less than .08%. If your blood alcohol concentration is .08% or greater (above the legal limit for adults), you may face criminal charges and the possibility of imprisonment, heavy fines, and having a criminal record.

Defense for Underage Drinking and Driving Charges

Attorney Michael Mirer has over 10 years of experience as a trial attorney and is a former prosecutor. He can defend your rights and interests in the face of your under 21 DUI charges, regardless of what your blood alcohol level may have been at the time of your arrest. Mr. Mirer can defend you at your DMV hearing, which is held regarding potential license suspension, as well as in criminal court if your blood alcohol concentration was .08% or greater. For help in fighting your under 21 DUI charges, contact a Miami DUI attorney from the Law Office of Michael Mirer, P.A. today.

  • As Seen On:

Share Your Side of the Story with a Former Prosecutor

Tell us about your case and we will provide a free consultation.